Both inside and outside of the house, many homeowners do whatever it takes to keep their home looking as good as possible. Maintaining your home helps keep its resale value and ensures that you don’t live in the neighborhood eyesore. An easy way to accomplish both of these tasks is to pave your driveway with asphalt. Here are a couple reasons why:
- Asphalt is less expensive: There are numerous options when it comes to choosing the right material for driveway paving in Washington. That being said, we feel that asphalt is the best option for many homeowners who are interested in having a great-looking driveway that won’t break the bank. Asphalt costs about $2 to $5 per square foot. At that rate, an asphalt driveway will likely cost anywhere between $720 and $1,800 for a standard, two-car driveway that’s 18’ x 20’. That may seem a little pricy, but a concrete driveway can cost up to twice as much as even a high-end asphalt driveway!
- Asphalt will dry quickly: After you’ve paid for a paved driveway, don’t you want to be able to use it as soon as possible? If you choose asphalt, you can usually start using it the same day it’s installed.
Driveway paving in Washington clearly has a number of benefits, but in order to keep your new driveway looking its best, you need to take care of it. Your driveway will likely need to be repaired or even totally replaced at some point during your home’s lifespan. Here’s how you know it’s time to call us for help with your driveway:
- Repave if your asphalt driveway is old: Just as your roof will eventually need a new roof due to old age, you’ll eventually need to completely repave your driveway. Fortunately, when properly installed and cared for, a typical driveway can last for about 20 years. The most obvious signs that you need a new driveway are huge cracks or holes in the surface. These problems can be repaired by our specialists, but after years of essentially applying bandages, you’ll need a totally new driveway.
- Repave if you’ve had a lot of repairs: Years of making small repairs can eventually lead your driveway to look a bit worse for wear. An unsightly driveway can negatively impact the resale value of your home and make your house look shabby, which is a bad thing, since these may have been two of the reasons you chose to pave your driveway in the first place!
- A driveway is only as good as the team that installs it: Choosing the first driveway paving company you find online or opting for a cut-rate contractor will only result in problems. Driveway paving in Washington needs to be completed by experts with years of experience. Make sure the contractor you choose has good reviews online on sites like Angie’s List.
The team at Jimini Paving has installed countless driveways in the Seattle area. Give us a call today if you think your home could use a paved driveway, or if you need repairs to your existing driveway.
Categorised in: Driveway Paving
This post was written by admin